Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
• 2 Granny Smith Apples
• ¼ cup light brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons margarine
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. With a knife, cut half of the core out of the apple. Do not cut all the way through. It might be easier to use a melon-baller or a spoon to scoop out the rest of the core.
3. Place apples in a swallow-baking dish.
4. Stuff each apple with 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of margarine.
5. Sprinkle apple tops with cinnamon.
Recipe courtesy from AllRecipes.com
• C&H Golden Brown Sugar - $1.29
• Ground Cinnamon - $0.79
• Granny Smith Apple (1.79/lb) - $1.88
• Blue Bonnet Margarine - $0.99
Total Shopping List Cost: $4.95
Thanks to Texas Tech University Dietetic Intern Mary Payne for today's blog.